Participants completing this course should be able to:
- List and demonstrate proficiency of the BAVX bag and ball techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of how proper technique influences rhythm.
- Recognize their own and others motor pattern strengths and weaknesses and how to remediate them.
- Generate a plan to utilize strengths to remediate weaknesses.
- Determine their own innate dominance profile for comprehending their own areas (and student’s) of skill and challenge.
- Carryout a visual assessment and interpret ocular motor deficits that impact learning.
- Identify and assess a student’s crossing midline skills and apply targeted BAVX exercises for remediation.
- Generate a series of BAVX exercises using language based learning to develop sequential thinking skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of adaptations needed to modify BAVX to remediate a physical, emotional, cognitive disability.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW (CHILD OR ADULT) WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE AS A TREATMENT DEMONSTRATION
PTs, OTs and assistants, Teachers and other members of the educational team.
Introductory to Intermediate
8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
8:30 am – Introductions Get in P-A-C-E, (Brain Gym® – Positive, Active, Clear, Energized)
8:40 – Group Exercise: 1- Spider’s web 2-Popcorn
Meet your classmates, experience visual, auditory, non-verbal priorities, leadership roles and activate your focusing power
9:00 – Who is Bill Hubert? Why Cues? What is Bal-A-Vis-X?
9:15 – Brain Regions/Midlines/Midfields: “Neurons that fire together, wire together.” Exercises: Elevator (Assist and solo) and Flip the Pages, MIrror Neuron Exercise, Dominance Profile
9:40 – Demonstration of Partner HOH 1 and 2 Bags (4 steps) Practice
10:00 – Demonstration HOH 2 Bags with the Feet (5 steps) Practice
10:20 – HOH QUADS: Criss Cross and Circles
10:45 – VisTAR ball and Scale
11:00 – Demonstration of Partner 1 and 2 Ball exercises: Learn the 6 Ball Principles
11:15 – Partner exercises: 1 and 2 ball rectangle and oval, R & L—-Practice
11:45 – Individual exercises (in group circle) 1 ball heart bounce
V bounce, V bounce clap-over, V bounce clap behind
Academic Application Samples with Reading, Math
12:15 pm – Lunch
12:45 – Demonstration Bag Toss and partner practice 1 and 2 Bag rectangle and oval
1:15 – Individual Ball Exercises in lines: Puppet with Pause, 2 Ball clap-over,
2 ball behind, 2 ball bounce Academic Application Sample: syllable bounce (Pledge), QWERTY
1:45 – Demonstration of Partner Exercises: 2 balls between, 2X1, 2X2, 2x2x2 Demonstration of Partner ONE ARM: 1X1X1—— Practice
2:30 – Small Circle Exercises: Quads 1-2 ball criss cross and circles
Large Circle Closing Exercise
2:55-3:00 – End.
Emily Eisen, M.Ed.
Emily Eisen is the Founder & Director of Brainworks Plus, a multigenerational Brain Body Fitness Educational Curriculum for The Empowered Student and The Lifelong Adult Learner. She is a Licensed Brain Gym® Instructor,Sanctioned Bal-A-Vis-X® Instructor, Total Immersion® Swimming Coach, Chi Walking® Coach, Language of Mastery® Instructor, Fine Artist, Actress and Singer-songwriter-piano composer. She is also the Director of the Long Island BAVX Team.
Emily receives a speaking fee for the presentation. Emily has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for 6 contact hours.
Application has been submitted for CE approval to the NJ Board of PT Examiners.
TSI is an AOTA Approved Provider of Professional Development. PD activity approval ID# Pending. This Live PD is offered at 6 contact hours or .6 CEU’s, Intermediate level, Domain of OT: OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
Early $355.00* | Regular $370.00
No Group Discount Available
*Early registration must be received 14 days prior to seminar