Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Describe the impact of altered foot and ankle function during development on the structural outcome of the movement system.
- Perform a detailed foot and ankle examination including gait kinematics, neuromotor function, and musculoskeletal structures.
- Develop a targeted, individualized plan of care for the foot and ankle to address task-related goals in the context of supporting best structural outcome of the movement system.
- Perform treatment techniques to address relative stiffness and flexibility in foot and ankle mobility and function.
- Design a progressive strengthening program to improve intrinsic stability of the foot and ankle.
- Progress interventions to positively impact neuroplastic change during movement system development
PT and Assistants