Participants completing this course should be able to:
- Discuss how strength deficits have a negative effect on functional ability.
- Review how underlying core weakness further complicates development delay, impaired balance and poor coordination.
- Apply techniques to strengthen the abdominal and gluteal muscle groups.
- Review the strength function relationship, describe the role of core weakness in development delay, and develop a greater awareness of the negative effect of central instability on balance.
- Increase knowledge of the contribution of dysfunctional abdominals and gluteals on coordination and understand the significance of muscular co-contraction and timing of activation.
- Apply therapeutic taping techniques to target specific core muscle groups.
- Utilize shoe modifications to improve lower extremity alignment & activate core musculature.
PT, PTA, OT, OTA