Wednesday – June 5, 2019 – Long Island
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
8:00 – 9:45 The HANDLE Paradigm
- Neuroscientific underpinnings
- Gentle Enhancement™
- Shifts in practice
- Variations on Level 1 activities
9:45 -10:00 Morning Break
10:00 – 12:00 Sensory Motor Systems that Support Function and related HANDLE activities
- Sensory Motor Interdependency and Interaction Chart (SMII) as a tool to analyze behavior and create an individualized neuro-developmental profile
- Neuro-developmental Processes and Systems including: Olfaction, Gustation, Tactility, Vestibular
- Learn and practice HANDLE activities
12:00 – 12: 45 Lunch Break
12: 45 – 3:00 Sensory Motor Systems that Support Function with related HANDLE activities
- Sensory Motor Interdependency and Interaction Chart (SMII) as a tool to analyze behavior and create an individualized neuro-developmental profile (continued)
- Neuro-Developmental Processes and Systems including: Muscle Tone, Kinesthesia, Proprioception, Audition, Visual function, and Interhemispheric Integration
- Learn and practice HANDLE Activities
*Cost includes take-home kit.
OT, OTA, PT, PTA, SLP, Special Education Teachers and Teacher’s Assistants
6 contact hours. Certificates will be awarded.
Application has been made to the NJ Board of PT Examiners for 6 credits.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for 6 contact hours.
||TSI is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. Approved by AOTA for .6 CEUs. 6 contact hours, Mixed Level, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
|This course will be offered for .6 ASHA CEUs (Advanced level, Professional area).