Fraida Flaishman MA, OTR is a pediatric occupational therapist. She graduated from New York University in 1995 with a Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy. Fraida currently works as the therapy supervisor at The Yaldeinu School in Brooklyn, NY, runs a private practice and works as adjunct faculty for the Touro Occupational therapy program. Fraida provides school consultation and lectures, conducts evaluations and provides treatment planning information for families. Fraida is the creator of the DVD Child Development series Baby Instructions that includes information on appropriate stimulation for infant and toddler Development. Specialty certifications include, Sensory Integration and Praxis Testing, MEDEK, Therasuit, Infant Massage Instruction, Aquatic Exercise Instruction, Irlen Screening, CPI Trainer, and more. Fraida is currently researching the effects of a reflex integration program on school age children. Fraida is a PhD candidate focusing on Health Services/ Administration, and rare genetic disorders.
By the end of this program learners will be able to:
· label the foundational components of early development.
· demonstrate the ability to assess and identify their client’s developmental deficits.
· prioritize intervention for their client’s identified areas of developmental deficit.
· learn and practice treatment strategies for facilitating their client’s progress in the following areas :
Ocular Motor Skill
Visual Perceptual Skill
· match newly learned treatment strategies to their client’s area of identified deficit.
Using case study presentations, participants will demonstrate the use of learned modalities and treatment strategies.
Cost & Location:
November 28, 2017 – NYC
January 9, 2018 – Uniondale, NY
January 10, 2018 – Staten Island, NY
Group Discounts Available!