|Implementing Evidence-Based Interventions for the Treatment of Knee Disorders: An Advanced Course
Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC and Multidisciplinary Faculty
DVD Course Description:
This program is designed to provide an evidence basis for evaluation and treatment intervention of specific knee pathology. The topics are selected based on the most current clinical problems for which patients seek intervention. Lectures will address issues including Osteo-Arthritis, Ligament pathology, and Meniscus management trends. The program will also outline exercises and exercise interventions which have developed over the years providing effective intervention from initial injury to return to play.
Robert Mangine, M.Ed, PT, ATC is National Director of the Sports Physical Therapy Residency Program for NovaCare Rehabilitation, where he oversees patient care, administration and community research programs. Bob is also head football trainer at the University of Cincinnati and coordinates rehabilitation for the athletic department. Nationally recognized as an expert in sports medicine, physical therapy and athletic training techniques and philosophies, he has multiple academic appointments including assistant professor of Physical Therapy at the College of Mount St. Joseph, adjunct clinical instructor at the University of Cincinnati Department of Orthopedics, and clinical instructor of rehabilitation in the Sports Medicine Fellowship training program, Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedics University of Cincinnati. Bob has participated in or presented at over 450 continuing education courses nationwide. He has also published more than 59 articles and an educational text on physical therapy of the knee.
Stephen Honig, MD
• Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, NYU School of Medicine
• Director of the Osteoporosis Center, Hospital for Joint Diseases
Andrew Rokito, MD
• Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, NYU School of Medicine
• Chief of Shoulder Service, NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
• Associate Chief of Sportsmedicine Service
Following completion of this DVD course, participants will be able to:
- Define the concepts of evaluation-based practice of the knee.
- Describe evaluation procedures and special tests utilized for meniscus pathology.
- Describe exercise forces on the meniscus with close chain exercises.
- Describe and integrate the components of ACL reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Outline the segments to advanced functional training for return to play.
- Perform functional testing to the lower extremity for activity return.
- Describe the etiological factors related to osteo-arthritis and the younger patient.
- Learn what treatments for osteo-arthritis of the knee have clinical benefit.
- Describe the recommended intervention for management of arthritis in the under 40-year-old patient.
This intensive DVD course is directed to the experienced clinician involved in the care and rehabilitation of the injured athlete. The primary target audience includes physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other professionals.
The level of this DVD course is Advanced. It is assumed that participants are familiar with basic knowledge of the areas covered.
DVD Course Format:
|Evaluation Concepts of Knee Ligaments – Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC
|ACL Surgical Techniques and What That Means for the Physical Therapist – Andrew Rokito, MD
|Update on ACL Rehabilitation – Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC
|Meniscal Update – Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC
|Evidence-Based Treatments of Osteo-Arthritis of the Knee – Stephen Honig, MD
|Osteo-Arthritis and the Younger Patient – Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC
|Advanced Functional Training and Return to Play – Robert Mangine, M.Ed., PT, ATC
6 contact hours. Certificates will be awarded.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for .6 CEUs.
- $150.00; includes DVD, post-test, and certificate of completion
- Each additional viewer wanting CEUs: $35.00; includes post-test and certificate of completion.
Free Shipping within the U.S.A.!
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates of completion will only be issued upon completion and return of post-test to TSI.