Facilitating Development and Sensorimotor Function: Treatment with the Ball
by: Barbara Hypes, PT
This book is designed to help therapists use a therapy ball in their treatment programs with clients of all ages. The book emphasizes techniques which lead to improvement in underlying components necessary for the development of skill. The treatment principles proposed are applicable to children and adults with neuromotor dysfunction. In addition to presenting treatment principles, the author includes over 250 illustrations to help clarify specific treatment techniques on the ball.
Topics of Interest Include:
- Appropriate functional goals for ball treatment
- Muscle tone and ball therapy
- Balance reactions and ball therapy
- Definition of terminology
- Facilitation using the gymnastic ball in: prone, supine, side lying, sitting, kneeling and 1/2 kneeling, stance and gait
- Examples of actual treatment sessions
$9.00 for the first item + $1.00 for each additional item (within the U.S.A.)
This fee will not show up in your shopping cart and will be added manually before your credit card is charged.