Advanced Topics in Management and Treatment of Shoulder Disorders
Todd S. Ellenbecker, MS, PT, SCS, OCS, CSCS and Multidisciplinary Faculty
DVD Course Description:
On November 16, 2003 over 250 physical and occupational therapists and athletic trainers gathered in New York City for this exciting conference which featured Todd Ellenbecker MS, PT, SCS, OCS, CSCS as a guest speaker and a panel of internationally known orthopedic surgeons. The DVD is available for you to view and earn CEUs. Topics include imaging techniques, plyometrics, biomechanics, and return to play. The conference covered controversy, diagnosis, treatment, and the application of advanced rehabilitative principles. 6 contact hours.
This comprehensive DVD covers both evaluation and treatment of rotator cuff and labral pathology, and features internationally known orthopedic surgeons and therapists. Topics include imaging techniques, plyometrics, biomechanics and return to play. This DVD covers controversy, diagnosis, treatment, and the application of advanced rehabilitative principles.
Todd S. Ellenbecker, MS, PT, SCS, OCS, CSCS
• Clinic Director, Physiotherapy Associates Scottsdale Sports Clinic
• Chairman, United States Tennis Association National Sports Science Committee
• Adjunct Faculty, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions
David Altchek, MD
• Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
• Associate Professor, Weill Cornell University Medical College
• Medical Director, Association of Tennis Professionals
• Team Surgeon, U.S. Davis Cup Team
• Former Team Physician, New York Mets
• Medical Advisor, N.Y. State Athletics Commission
Javier Beltran, MD
• Chairman, Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center
• Professor of Radiology, SUNY Downstate
Frances Cuomo, MD
• Chief, Shoulder and Elbow Service at Beth Israel Medical Center
• Assistant Professor of Orthopedics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Following completion of this DVD course the viewer will be able to:
- Understand the biomechanics of the shoulder present during normal function and during several conditions of glenohumeral impingement.
- Utilize clinical tests for evaluation of the rotator cuff and glenoid labrum.
- Understand imaging techniques used to diagnose shoulder pathology.
- Apply resistive exercise progressions during treatment of the rotator cuff and labral injuries.
- Understand the physiological indications for the use of plyometric exercise in treatment of the shoulder.
- Utilize techniques to treat patients with adhesive capsulitis.
- Define and describe the role of surgical intervention for the shoulder.
- Describe the critical pathway for post-operative management of the shoulder.
This intensive DVD is directed to the experienced clinician involved in the care and rehabilitation of the injured athlete. The primary target audience includes physical therapists, athletic trainers and other professionals.
The level of this DVD course is Intermediate to Advanced. It is assumed that participants are familiar with basic knowledge of the areas covered.
DVD Course Format:
||Imaging of the Shoulder – Javier Beltran, MD
||Biomechanics of the Shoulder – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||Clinical Evaluation of the Shoulder – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||SLAP Lesions – Surgical Treatment – David Altchek, MD
||Rehabilitation of SLAP Lesions – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||Pathophysiology and Surgical Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder – Frances Cuomo, MD
||Rehabilitation Techniques in Adhesive Capsulitis – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||Pathophysiology and Surgical Treatment of Rotator Cuff Injury – David Altchek, MD
Rehabilitation of the Rotator Cuff – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||Pathophysiology of Impingement Syndrome – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
||Impingement Syndrome – Surgical Aspects – Frances Cuomo, MD
||Return to Sport After Shoulder Injury – Todd Ellenbecker, MS, PT
6 contact hours. Certificates will be awarded.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for .6 CEUs.
||TSI is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. Approved by AOTA for .6 CEUs.
- $150.00; includes DVD, post-test, certificate of completion, and manual.
- Each additional viewer wanting CEUs: $25.00; includes post-test and certificate of completion.
Free Shipping within the U.S.A.!
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates of completion will only be issued upon completion and return of post-test to TSI.